The first written reference about Tremosnice is from 1564. Only a part from the original plan to build a chateau here has been realized - just the west wing with the chapel. Tremosnice and Prachovice use to be connected by a cargo cableway which facilitated the transport of limestone from quarry in Zavratec of the count Kinsky. It was the longest cableway at this time and it is still an interesting technical monument. In 1994 Tremosnice got the status of a town and a town shield as well.